Monday, October 4, 2010

Book Of Liz Industry Night

When I had the privilege to star in the first of my theater pieces to ever be produced, my autobiographical piece, I had the chance to meet so many wonderful individuals in and out of the theater, film, and television worlds. After one of the performances, a young woman approached me to discuss her reflections on my writing style, performance, and show. Her name was Cynthia Shur. I was so thrilled at her kind words because I respected her talents as a writer and actor so much. In fact, as time went on I found myself, as I often do, sitting down to write a new play and from the first scene all the way through to the end, I kept envisioning Cynthia in the lead role. It was a huge thrill to then speak to her, express my desire for her to play the lead, and to find out she was truly interested in the piece. Cynthia is indeed a talented artist and great friend.

Readers and fans can frequently see Cynthia in various projects around the Chicagoland area and elsewhere. She does some fabulous work with Chemically Imbalanced Comedy Theater including tonight's industry night performance of The Book Of Liz at CIC Theater located at 1420 W. Irving Park Road in Chicago at 8p.m.

https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/121020 and type in code Industry for $5 tickets.
Or call 1-800-838-3006


No comments:

Post a Comment