Saturday, November 13, 2010

Register For SF10 In 2011

In May of this year, I was able to run on the same field where Dan Hampton and Walter Payton, two of my favorite Chicago Bears players of all time, had some of their most special playing moments. As best as I can remember I have been lucky enough to attend to Bears games at Soldier Field. Once in 1990 with my dad as we watched the Monsters Of The Midway take on the Washington Redskins. In 1995, just two days after I was rushed to the hospital with an allergic reaction, I was sitting in the seats with my sister watching the Carolina Panthers come to town and lose to our home town heros. When I was a member of the media, I had a chance to stand on the sidelines at Huskies Stadium in DeKalb, Il watching the Northern Illinois University Huskies take on various opponents, but I never had the privilege to patrol the sidelines at an NFL game. This was even better. I had a chance to run through the same tunnel Bears players do and pop out on the playing field finishing the ten mile race by galloping across the field and crossing the finish line on the fifty yard line. Justine Boney of Fleet Feet Chicago helped me through the registration process and Michael Crissie, who until this year, I had never met nor had he ever been a sighted guide runner, was the man in whose hands I entrusted my life when he volunteered to get me through the race which started just outside of the stadium. It was the first time either of us had tackled the Soldier Field 10 Mile race, but I knew instantly after crossing that I would be back in 2011. Now the opportunity has presented itself as registration is now open for the 2011 Soldier Field 10. It is a great race which is organized by top notch individuals. I hope Michael is interested and available to return next year so we can shatter our time from this year. If not, I will have to find another man or woman willing to finish on the fifty with me.

For more information, please log on to:
www.soldierfield10.com

No comments:

Post a Comment