Monday, August 12, 2013

Dare2Tri Fundraising Final Push

When 2013 began, I had not a clue that I would be selected to the Dare2Tri Chicago Elite Team. I had participated in races with and for Dare2Tri, but the Elite Team was far from being a reality. I have admired various members of the squad especially the talented, amazing, and beautiful Iraq War veteran and three time defending world champion, Melissa Stockwell. To receive word that I had been place on the Elite Team for 2013 was overwhelming. I did not expect to break down and cry upon learning of my selection, but that is exactly what I did. Since then, I have experienced quite a ride along side some of the most amazing teammates in the world. Of the twelve athletes who made the team and competed at Paratriathlon Nationals this past May in Austin, Tx, seven of us were fortunate to finish on the podium. Three of us were crowned national champions in our division. We will have the great privilege to represent the United States Of America as members of Team USA at the World Championships in London this coming September.

As a member of Dare2Tri Chicago and Team USA, I am honored to be in a position to race for a world championship. I would have never imagined that I would be in this position. I ask my family members, friends, and readers to this blog to please help me give back to the wonderful individuals of Dare2Tri Chicago through some donations which will assist me in reaching my fundraising goal for the organization. Dare2Tri Chicago has been a splendid group whose coaches, athletes, and volunteers have supported and encouraged me every step of the way along this journey. Dare2Tri Chicago is made up of athletes with different degrees of disabilities who strive to be the best they can be while along the way inspiring countless other athletes who are able bodied and disabled. Please help Dare2Tri Chicago continue their mission of ensuring they can provide services, equipment, and encouragement to various athletes who chase after their individual dreams. Your gift will also help my teammates and I get to London to race on your behalf as we represent this beautiful country at Paratriathlon Worlds.

The deadline to reach my fundraising goal is August 15. Please follow the link to my personal page. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment