Sunday, September 4, 2011

Katie Morse Pushes Limits

It is always fun and exciting to come across stories and people I find inspiring. In fact, one of the reasons I shy away from receiving the praise when people call me inspiring is that I do not make that my goal or life's mission. People hear about how I lost my sight as a teenager and about the ups and downs over the years then they call me inspiring. I certainly appreciate those kind words. Others may even ask me if I set out to inspire the world. After all, there are plenty of people who have an experience in their lives, but instead of allowing said experience to weigh them down or defeat them, they stand up to it and face it in the eye. They even state that their mission is to inspire others in the same boat. I believe that I can not make that call. I can not approach life with a desire of wanting to inspire. I can only live my life to the fullest. If others choose to call me inspirational, then it is their right to do so. My expectation can not be to inspire people to do anything. I may want to inspire a certain group or segment, but instead, a different group of individuals get inspired. Does that make me a failure? Does it make my inspiring quest less significant? I say no! Therefore, I live my life and allow the chips to fall where they will. I would have never guessed that a woman I only knew about through social media would ever serve as an inspiration. I never knew that a suggestion of who to follow on Twitter would result in my taking an interest in a trainer and triathlete who completed her first triathlon just over a year ago. Yet, because some friends and people I follow on Twitter also know or follow Katie Morse, I started to and discovered that Katie is a fascinating person! I have been privileged to get to know her through Twitter, Facebook, and her blog. I follow her training progress, her journey to becoming a successful professional triathlete, and her dedication to fitness and health. Katie is such a spectacular person, athlete, and inspiration. I have learned so much in such a short amount of time. One week from today, she will be pushing her body to the ultimate limit when she races and completes her first ever Ironman Triathlon. This achievement will add to her greatness. I hope you will take the time to log on to her blog and read her entry about standing on the edge of greatness one week away from swimming 2.4 miles, biking 112 miles, and running 26.2 miles. Thank you Katie for being such an inspiration. Best of luck as you conquer the course at the Ironman distance. If any of you have ever considered a race, reading Katie's words will surely give you that bit of motivation to go ahead and register for an event.

Please check out Katie's site at:

http://getregimental.wordpress.com/2011/09/04/sunshine-pushing-the-limits/


No comments:

Post a Comment