Saturday, September 17, 2011

Am I Ready To Run?

By this time tomorrow, the question will be answered. Tomorrow will be the second straight year I will participate in the Ready To Run 20 Miler, the last long distance training run prior to the Chicago Marathon on October 9, 2011. This year, I am running the 26.2 distance as a member of Imerman Active of Imerman Angels One-On-One Cancer Support so that no one faces cancer alone. After tomorrow, it will be time to work down the mileage to remain fresh come marathon day. I hope to be able to maintain a 9:30 pace the entire twenty miles. Last year, I started slow picked up the pace, and found a second wind at the twelve mile mark which carried me through the seventeenth mile where I finally began to truly struggle. Of course, my guide, Jennifer Pfaff was not about to let me fade as she pushed me through beyond the finish line. I am excited that Jen has returned to guide me once again at this 20 Miler. She will guide me the final ten miles while her friend, a woman whom I am anxious and excited to meet, Liz Bilitz, will guide me for the first ten miles. I am nervous about running twenty miles, but I am also thrilled to spend time with Jen while getting to know Liz. I have been training putting in the running and hope it will help me through the distance tomorrow and the miles will not take much out of me so I can resume my running within a few days and continue until the date with 26.2.

No comments:

Post a Comment