Saturday, August 13, 2011

Virtual Run For Amanda

A few weeks ago I came across a blog maintained by Amanda Brooks. She was discussing how she would celebrate her thirtieth birthday soon and the way in which others could join in on the fun would be to agree to have a virtual run between the dates of August 12 and August 15. In the interest of full disclosure, I do not know Amanda, but I have quickly become a fan of her blog. I am fascinated by her posts on running, health, and life. Today, I had planned to meet with coach and triathlete, Kimberly Shah for a run in the afternoon. I was not sure if she would want us to do a double digit run, meaning at least ten miles, so I did not want to over extend myself, but I wanted to celebrate Amanda's birthday with a morning run. I was able to get in 3.1 miles in 23:15. I was tired by the end, but knew I would have plenty of energy for the afternoon run with Kimberly. As it turns out, the weather prevented us from getting it in, but I was satisfied with being able to have my Amanda virtual run! I will try to get a couple more runs in on Monday for Amanda. For now, I say, happy birthday Amanda Brooks. Welcome to the thirty club.

For those interested in reading Amanda's blog, please visit:

www.runtothefinish.com

2 comments:

  1. hot dang that's a great time!! thanks so much for participating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amanda. I look forward to following your blog and will participate when I can. Good luck with your Philadelphia Marathon training.

    ReplyDelete