Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Emily Rocks CF

I have previously written about how about four months ago, I came across an article in Runner's World Magazine in which the subject matter was Emily Schaller. When Emily was eighteen months old, she was diagnosed with cystic Fibrosis and her parents were told she probably would not live to see her high school graduation. She is not only alive in her late twenties, but she is an unstoppable force as she dedicates her life to not only finding a cure for CF, but bringing joy and happiness to others. I was excited when I read that the foundation which she founded, Rock CF, is organizing the inaugural Rock CF Rivers Half Marathon and 5K in March of 2011. If I could make my way to Michigan, I could participate in the half marathon to help benefit such a wonderful cause for an amazing woman. Unfortunately, it is looking more and more as though I will not be able to participate in the event, but there is a way I can still be involved to make a small difference. For anyone wishing to contribute, but is unable to attend in person, there is an option to do a virtual run meaning one can run a 5K or half marathon anywhere in the world while raising awareness and money for the organization. If I can get some friends or maybe just one to agree to it, I can run 13.1 miles in my home town at the same time as the event will be taking place in Michigan.

I am in the process of figuring this out, but in the meantime, I invite all to read up some more on Emily Schaller and the Rock CF Foundation to learn about how Emily is playing a role in one day changing the letters CF from representing Cystic Fibrosis to standing for Cure Found!

Please read about Emily at the following link:
http://www.letsrockcf.org/blog/about-rock-cf/

No comments:

Post a Comment