Friday, November 11, 2011

SF10 For 2012 Opens

Two years ago, I kept running across links on Facebook for a race called Soldier Field 10 where participants start just outside the famed stadium, run 10 miles, and end up going through the Chicago Bears players' tunnel ending up on the playing surface to cross the finish line on the fifty yard line. The more I read about it, the more I wanted to do it. I reached out to the organizers eventually receiving a response from Justine Boney then of Fleet Feet. Justine was amazing throughout the process answering my questions and doing all she could to ensure I had the opportunity to run in the event in May 2010. My friend, Alison Keilty helped find me a guide. Her boyfriend. Now husband, Michael Crissie. He had never guided a runner so weeks before, we met to run about five miles along the Chicago lakefront. It was so much fun that he volunteered to guide me again were I to do SF10 in 2011. I did. He did. We beat our finish time from the first year by over ten minutes. Today, registration opens for the Soldier Field 10 scheduled for May 26, 2012. Remembering that it opens each year on Veteran's Day, I reached out to Michael wondering if he wishes to guide me for a third consecutive year. He said yes. I will sign us up soon and look forward to breaking our best time by another ten minutes if not more.

For those interested in this race, please log on to:

www.soldierfield10.com

No comments:

Post a Comment