Monday, October 24, 2011

Cycle For Survival

I have enjoyed trying out various new adventures over the last few years since I began participating in triathlons and road races. Just tonight, I was speaking to a man to whom I was introduced by my friend, Jemma. I first met Jemma a few months back as a result of joining the Imerman Active and Imerman Angels team for this year's Chicago Marathon. She then reached out to me informing me that a friend of hers expressed interest in meeting and guiding me for training runs or races. He had never guided before, but thought it would be a wonderful experience to give it a try. We met tonight for the first time as we went out for a nice seven mile run. We exchanged stories of various races and people we have met. I discussed how far I have come in three short years in terms of the individuals I have met. I could have never imagined the people and places. I know even greater experiences are coming as I continue to build these friendships and connections across the globe. One of the events I had not heard of until recently is the Cycle For Survival. An event organized to raise awareness and funds for the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York. There are certain types of cancer classified as rare since few people have them. The unfortunate reality is that because so few people have them, there is no money to be made off of treatment for those who suffer from these cancers therefore, there is not any medication. I heard about this Cycle For Survival when Njoy Racing posted a link to registration on its Facebook page. The founder and CEO of Njoy is Kimberly Shah, one of my guides from this year's Chicago Marathon. When my training buddy, guide, and friend, Kimberly, posted it, I was interested in donating. After reading about the event, I decided to join the team! I will be one of the ones riding in this great event. I will be raising funds for the team 100% of which will go to the Center. There are still plenty of open slots so please consider joining us. This event takes place on Saturday, February 11, 2012 at various locations in different cities. If you are in Chicago, you can ride with Njoy at the Equinox Loop location. You will enjoy being a part of Njoy. I would love it if you joined me on Njoy so please visit the following link to be a part of a wonderful event and cause. As time progresses, I will have other links for donations and other information. I am excited to once again be a teammate of the amazing, Kimberly. I am thrilled to be taking part in my first bike only event. It will be a blast. I am sure Kimberly will ensure I will be ready to go. I look forward to training through the winter months with Kimberly and the various individuals whom I am so blessed to have in my life.

Please read more about CFS event at:



No comments:

Post a Comment