Thursday, January 12, 2017

Kimberly's The Selfless Mile

In 2010, I ran my first ever marathon. The Chicago Marathon. Not knowing what to expect and not having proper training, I gutted out 26.2 miles in five and a half hours. I ran the final twenty-two miles with a severely sprained ankle. In 2011, I registered for Chicago again. Surely, I could run faster. It had special significance as I dedicated my race to dear friend, Michelle. I met her while in college. At such a young age, she lost her life to cancer. Through the power of Twitter, several women who worked for Imerman Angels One-On-One Cancer Support introduced themselves and encouraged me to run on Team Imerman. As a result of being a runner and fundraiser for IA, I had access to training with NJOY Racing. Owner, pro Ironman triathlete, Kimberly Shah, welcomed me with open arms. After only twenty minutes of knowing me, she offered to guide me for the marathon.

This is Kimberly's story of that experience. Thank you, Kimberly!

The Selfless Mile

No comments:

Post a Comment