Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Universal Sole Burgers And Beer 5K 2016

It was a beautiful evening for a race as I walked the grounds outside of Soldier Field in Chicago. It was my first time running Universal Sole Burgers And Beer 5K. Lovely, Lindsey Cook volunteered to guide me. Before the race, I spent time by the Universal sole registration tent and the Saucony one. I spent an hour with the Blade runners. I had fun chatting with pals; Eric robb, Levi Kane, and others. I especially enjoyed seeing the beautiful, Melissa Stockwell.

Lindsey and I walked to the start line. She and I get together for weekly evening runs. This would be a fun run under race conditions. Race began. We jogged across the start. We coasted through the opening mile. We worked our way through the second one. Mile two was slower than mile one. With one mile to go, my concern was crossing the finish with Lindsey feeling okay. I did not want her to feel physically spent as a result of guiding me. I did not want the rest of her training week to suffer. She picked up the pace. Half a mile out, she turned it on more. I was not expecting her to push the pace as much as 1:17 per mile faster. We cruised across the finish line at a strong pace as the public address announcer called my name and congratulated me.

Thanks to Lindsey for gutting out a strong run to guide me. Thank you Pinnacle Performance Company for sponsoring me. Thank you Jenna Parker for being my friend and coach. Thank you to Universal sole for another fabulous well organized event. Thank you Shake Shack for the spectacular post race burger. The only thing better was speaking to the wonderful, Kate Bongiovanni after the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment