Wednesday, May 16, 2012

You're Not Alone: I'm Here!

In Rocky III, Mr. T played the memorable role of James Clubber Lang in where he stated, "I live alone. I train alone." He stated this as he challenged Rocky Balboa to a fight to take Rocky's title of heavyweight champion of the world. Of course, Rocky fights him and loses. Later, Rocky and Clubber have a rematch where Rocky is victorious. Mr. T's playing of this character is one of my favorite. Unlike Mr. Lang, no one in this world should be alone especially when it comes to fighting cancer. For the second consecutive year, I have joined the Imerman Angels non profit organization to fundraise and race as a member of the team. This season, I am running the Soldier Field 10, Chicago half Marathon, and Bank Of America Chicago Marathon. I look forward to running through the streets of Chicago in May, September, and October raising money and awareness for the group which does such wonderful work providing cancer sufferers a support base and network which they so richly deserve as they fight for their lives. The first of these three races takes place in ten days. Please take a look at my Imerman Angels page, consider donating, and pass along to your friends and family. Throughout this year, I will continue to keep you up-to-date on my progress. I hope you take the time to read and lend your support even if it is merely offering me encouragement as I challenge myself to new personal heights as a member of this fantastic organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment