Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Gift Gets Cuckoo

They say you only get one chance to make a first impression. Have you ever met someone where after that initial meeting, your impression is "Wow! This is an intelligent, passionate, talentedperson." I have been lucky enough to have that experience several times. One such instance was a few years ago when I met Julia Kessler. My first impression of Julia was She is so passionate about her love for her artistic work that I could not help but get swept up in her drive and fire for the arts. I hoped one day I would get to work with her. I hoped one day I could write a theatre or film script which includes a role specifically for her. More important, I hoped I and the rest of the world would get more chances to see Julia in shows. Indeed we can. Julia can currently be seen as part of an ensemble made up of talented artists doing what they do best in The Gift Theatre's "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest." Now through May 9, 2010 at The Gift Theatre located in Chicago at 4802 N. Milwaukee Ave. Performances are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7:30p and Sundays at 2:30p. Thursday nights are also Industry 2 for 1 nights when you use the code "Merry prankster."For more information, please log on to:
www.thegifttheatre.org

No comments:

Post a Comment