Monday, March 22, 2010

Running Where Danimal and Sweetness Shined

Many boys and girls grow up wanting to play on their favorite team, with and against their favorite players, or on the same field, court, or rink as the great players they admire. As a little boy, I took clinics from Tyne Sandberg, Jody Davis, and many other Chicago Cubs players. and I ran around the Wrigley Field outfield. I even took several pieces of ivy from the outfield wall. I've been privileged enough to walk on the United Center floor where the Chicago Bulls play. I've sat under the basket, walked down the same tunnel as many NBA players and media members, I've walked by the locker room where Jordan, Pippen, and the rest of the players of the 1990s Bulls dynasty dressed, and I've been in the same room where many a press conferences have been held. I've never been on the Soldier Field playing area. Until now! The Fleet Feet Soldier Field 10 Mile Run Presented by Adidas will afford me the opportunity as the final stretch of this race runs into Soldier Field with the finish line being on the fifty yard line on the Chicago Bears logo. For those fans not close enough to see the runners cross the finish, they can watch it on the stadium jumbotron. Special thanks to Justine Boney of Fleet Feet for helping me iron out some issues in order to register for this event. On May 29, 2010, I will get that opportunity to run where Dan Hampton, Walter Payton, and many of others have displayed their hall of fame abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment