Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Preparation Talent Destiny

I've heard a couple versions of the following formula. Preparation+talent+luck=destiny. Some times, the biggest portion of that is luck. It may be argued whether or not I have the God given ability to be an elite amateur athlete, but one thing is certain, when I am properly motivated, I display a dedication that few possess. When I decided to bulk up during my college days there was no stopping me. When I set my sights on losing forty pounds of that bulk to get sexy lean in order to regain my confidence and self esteem while having a reason to write scenes in my plays or films which would call for me to be shirtless to show off said physique, I stayed with a work out schedule which some said bordered on the compulsive obsession. Yet, I successfully reach my goals. That same drive was present entering 2010. Preparation and some talent brought me here, but lady luck eluded me as a week into the new year I suffered a lower back strain which eventually became such a debilitating experience I could not find a comfortable position whether I tried to stand, sit, or lay down. For over six weeks I faced the pain on a daily basis. It often moved up my back and even down my leg and all over my body. The pain was miserable. The days were hard. I had to stop all daily activities hoping rest would cure it. After all this time of simply living through the pain, it has stopped. I feel better. I can now return to working out and aiming for the athletic and physique goals about which I previously wrote in other entries. My first race of the year is set to be on the first Sunday in May. There is enough time to ready my body for that four mile race as well as the half marathon and ten mile run which also take place in May. I just hope I am lucky enough to remain healthy from this point forward so I can put my talent to the test by preparing on a daily basis to meet my destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment