Saturday, October 11, 2014

Night Before Chicago Marathon 2014

There were so many words I wanted to write the night before the Chicago Marathon, but in the end, the best I can do is to say thank you to my friends who have supported me throughout this year. Whatever I do on the course tomorrow, I want you to know I will be thinking of you.

Special thank you to pro triathlete, model, actress, Jenna Parker for being a rock star coach, amazing friend, and superstar human being. Than you to the men and women who have guided me on training runs, practice tandem rides, and races throughout the year. As I prepare to toe the start line at my fifth Chicago Marathon, I express all forms of gratitude to Jen Pfaff who stepped up to ensure I had race guides for this 26.2 mile experience by volunteering her friends. I am beyond lucky and privileged that two rock star, beautiful, and fast women will be my eyes. Wendy Jaen and Erica Alansari. Over the years, I have heard so much about both women and their greatness. I would have been thrilled just to meet them eventually, but to think that they will guide me is out of this world spectacular.

For this marathon, I have been lucky enough to be a member of Children's Oncology Team One Step Camp as I have been raising funds to send a boy or girl with cancer to summer camp where he or she can forget about the disease and just be a kid. I have to raise $1,000 to meet my goal and hope others consider donating or passing along the link for others who may wish to donate. I am proud to have been a part of this team and hope to make everyone associated with Children's Oncology proud tomorrow.

Big thanks to Pinnacle Performance Company for sponsoring me this season as well as Base Performance for the nutrition I was able to enjoy throughout the year when training and racing.

It began in 2002 for me when Paula Radcliffe raced into the world record books in Chicago only to step up her game by shattering her own record months later in London. She inspired me to run my first 26.2 and now I am set to run my fifth Chicago and sixth overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment