Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thank You 2012

Thank you!! To you who follow my blog, thank you. There are seventeen of you who follow me. For that I am grateful. I look forward to your comments and feedback. As always, I hope you take the time to reach out to me to express any thoughts you ever have on any of my entries. Thank you to those who will drop in from time-to-time and catch up on my posts.

I am grateful that so many individuals have come into my life as a result of Facebook, Twitter, and social media. In fact, I believe every single person who has been my guide for the marathons, half marathons, triathlons, ten milers, and duathlons I have done came into my life as a result of Facebook and Twitter. I thank those who have volunteered to be my guides. Without you, I can not do what I do. I have experienced very special moments because of each of you.

Thank you to the tremendously talented screenwriters, authors, actors, actresses, directors, and producers who are my friends. There are many of you who have provided me such valuable feedback on my plays and screenplays. I have been able to use your advice to improve my work which I put out into the world. I will continue to improve as an artist because of you. I also have to express special thanks to the amazing Jen Knox who motivated and inspired me to recently take on the challenge of writing short stories. It has been a while since I last wrote them, but I am finding them to be fun. A bit challenging, but exciting. Before I ever started sharing my plays and screenplays with people, I wrote several short films. I figured I could become a filmmaker by writing these scripts then getting them made. I would use them as a way to gain experience. Those scripts never went anywhere, but they enabled me to get experience in writing and telling stories. Some days, I do attempt to write shorts just as an exercise. In many respects, I can argue that when writing shorts, it is similar to writing short stories. I must develop characters and story immediately and tell my audience and reader what I want in a short period. In some respects, while I have not written short stories in a while, I guess I can say that in some way that is not completely true since I have been writing short stories all along. I just happen to be doing so as short films. Either way, thanks to Jen for encouraging me. I will keep you updated on my progress.

I hope your day has been a splendid one. I thank you for reading this post. As always, please know that you have an open invite to reach out to me any day or time you wish.

I hope the rest of your week is a wonderful one. I hope this holiday season is a joyous one for you and all your loved ones. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment