Wednesday, May 27, 2015

When I Won Paratriathlon USA Nationals

Two years ago today, I had the great privilege of racing for the Paratriathlon USA National Championships in Austin, Tx as part of the CapTex Triathlon. The experience was made possible thanks to my friend and coach, Jenna Parker. The C Different Foundation offered me a slot in the C Different Triathlon in March 2013 for a chance to qualify for USA Nationals. I leaned towards saying no, but Jenna insisted it was better to attempt to qualify and fail as oppose to never even giving myself a chance to see if I was good enough. Although I am not a strong swimmer, I used my strength on the bike and run to storm back from last place out of the swim to coast to a first place finish by double digit minutes thus qualifying for Paratriathlon Nationals. Two months later, I took my spot on the start line with a national title on the line.

Here is a look back to my experience at CapTex Triathlon and Paratriathlon USA Nationals. Thank you Jenna Parker. Thank you to Justin Sternberg for guiding me. Thank you Pinnacle Performance Company for sponsoring me. Thank you Dare2Tri Paratriathlon Club for putting me on the Elite Team. Thank you to my friends and readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment