Monday, February 9, 2015

A Perpetual State Of Awe

Growing up, I loved allowing my mind to take me to lands and worlds beyond that which I had experienced. I enjoyed putting pen or pencil to paper and writing allowing my creativity to control my hand. In high school then college, I was able to continue writing stories. Some times, I would do it for an assignment. Other times, it was merely for my own pleasure. After I wrote a few plays and screenplays, I tried to write a novel. For some reason it did not feel comfortable to me. I had always enjoyed creating short stories, but those too did not flow out of me as easily as they previously had. A few years ago, I rediscovered the ability and pleasure of crafting short pros. I credit the lovely and talented, Jen Knox. I have been beyond lucky that a talented writer and instructor has become my friend. She has so graciously offered me advice and critique which meant so much to me that I have written several additional pieces as a result of her feedback.

Jen Knox has a piece entitled A Perpetual State Of Awe which you can read by activating the following link. If you do not know her work, please take the time to familiarize yourself with her work. You will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment