Friday, October 4, 2013

Lindsey And Liz To Be My Eyes In Chicago

In just over one week, I will run my fourth consecutive Chicago Marathon. I grew up admiring marathon runners as I was always glued to the television watching Chicago, New York, and Boston. I would also think people who run these races must be crazy. I said that I would never run one. Then, the beautiful and talented Paula Radcliffe broke the world record for female runners in Chicago 2002. Months later, Paula stormed home again to a world record shattering time in London 2003. I was inspired! I wanted to run 26.2 miles. Thanks to her performances. I was hooked. Each of the last two years, I have been guided by my friends, Kimberly Shah and Jennifer Pfaff. Each of the last two years I have shattered personal records. First I set a new personal best by forty-six minutes on route to my first ever Boston Marathon qualifying time. Then Kimberly and Jen joined forces once more to guide me to a fifty-two minute improvement on route to a second Boston qualifying time. Next week, I will turn to two different women to be my eyes. One is a beautiful Ironman triathlete named Lindsey Cook and the other is a beautiful elite runner named Elizabeth Bilitz. Both are excited to be my eyes. Both are ready for the challenge to go fast and keep me on pace. I hope I am ready to deliver a good race.

No comments:

Post a Comment